More and more families are turning to consignment stores as an ideal method for recycling their kid’s outgrown clothing and other items. Compared to other ways of cleaning out those closets, recycling provides big benefits to everyone involved.
For You: We make consigning simple, easy and profitable at Cutie Patuties Children’s Consignment Store. Benefits like our “no appointment needed” policy, the fact that we accept merchandise 7 days a week and our generous payout program means that recycling your kids clothing and “stuff” with us is painless and a great way to earn extra cash.
For Your Community: Equally important, recycling your kid’s outgrown clothes through consignment is good for your neighbors and community. It gives other families the opportunity to shop for gently used items at a fraction of the price of the mall stores. As the largest kids’ consignment store in New England, with 1000s of items and dozens of popular brands available, our store is a virtual shopping mall where everything is always on sale. This adds up to savings for anyone who is looking to stretch their dollars a little further.
For the Earth: Here’s a statistic that shocked us. Did you know that Americans throw away more than 68 pounds of clothing and textiles per person per year!* And all of that takes up lots of space in landfills and garbage dumps. Recycling your clothing helps reduce that burden on the earth. Additionally, when your clothes are purchased and reused by someone else, those recycling efforts reduce the resources associated with manufacturing new clothes. Recycling through consignment is an Earth friendly, green solution.
By consigning your clothes and kids’ supplies with Cutie Patuties, you win by earning cash as you clean out your closets. Your local community wins by saving money as they purchase gently used recycled clothing instead of buying new. And our Earth wins because we reduce the burden we put in it.
Call it a recycling win-win-win for all of us!
Convinced and Ready to consign? Here’s How to Consign with Cutie Patuties Children’s Consignment Store.
Frequently asked Questions & Answers
- Is it really worth the hassle recycling my old stuff through a consignment store rather than tossing them in the big recycle bins I see around town?
- We think the answer is YES! We try and take the hassle out of consigning by making easy and profitable. You can consign 7 days a week, between 10am- 3pm, up to 2 laundry baskets worth of items, or 2 larger items, or 2 bags of toys & books, with no appointment needed. You can consign all your kids’ stuff in one place – clothing, furniture, toys, books & baby equipment. And, you make money on the items we sell. (The biggest reason!)
- How much money can I make? A. You’ll earn 40-55% of our sale price on every item of yours we sell. Enjoy the thrill of having your earnings ADD up quickly! As a store consignor, you have your choice on how to earn money. As we sell your out-grown or un-needed items, you earn 40% of the sale price, which goes into your account as cash. Or you can get 45% going into your account as store credit. For example, if we sell an item of yours for $20, you make $8 cash or get a $9 credit to any of our stores. For items priced over $75.00, you will receive 50% of the selling price in cash or a 55% store credit
- How do I know how much money I’ve earned? A. As a consignor, you’ll get an online account and you can log in anytime to see how much money you’ve made! Then stop into the store to pick up your cash, or to shop with your credits.
- What do you do with my items that don’t sell? A. Another way we choose to recycle old clothes and merchandise is by donating items that don’t sell. We donate these second-hand items to local charities that serve our community. Oftentimes they provide clothing and household items to families that have been hit by fire or some other unfortunate circumstance.
Take me to the How to Consign Kids Clothes at Cutie Patuties Page.
HELPFUL HINTS WHEN DOING CONSIGNMENT SHOPPING:
- Shop frequently (We have 100s of new items arriving daily.)
- Buy it today because it may not be here tomorrow!
- Plan ahead for future growth when items come on sale.
- Try on items you are unsure about (all sales are final).
- Check sizes ahead of the current size, not all manufactures have the same size guidelines.
- Gift cards make great gifts, especially for bringing home a new baby!
* According to the EPA Office of Solid Waste, Americans throw away more than 68 pounds of clothing and textiles per person, per year. Clothing and other textiles represent about 6.3% of the municipal solid waste (in major cities like New York and Chicago alone, textiles make up a whopping 10% of all municipal waste).
Have other questions? Just ask. Call us at 978-534-6604 or click HERE to send us a message.